In this post I will share how I succeeded in connecting our production CRM on premise to our exchange online.
To carry out the configuration, please consider the following:
- We already had an Office365 tenant with azure active directory sync in place;
- CRM version was 184.108.40.2069 (DB 220.127.116.119). It was a single server implementation. The same server was also responsible for active directory sync with O365;
- IFD was properly configured and the CRM server had a SSL wild card certificate issued by a trusted CA;
- I referred to this TechNet article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt703269.aspx
- I performed all the tasks under a domain admin/crm admin/exchange admin single user.
According to the TechNet article I subscribed to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Hybrid Connector; I needed to access to my O365 administration page before completing the subscription in order to associate the connector to our tenant. After the installation, no additional configuration nor license activation was needed.
We are proud to unveil the first video of the series “Apex Planner Tutorials”.
Apex Planner 3.3 is now available for download. This version brings:
- Custom Fields are now cloned along with appointments and service activites;
- Row height in timeline view has been added as a configuration setting;
- Sorting of events by resource inside the same day
New in Apex Planner 3.2.1
These options allow to show or not bookings created for other users.
This is useful especially for schedulers that set up bookings for technicians and don’t want their agenda to be crowded by boxes.
A user complains that is not able to see the custom Business Process Flow you have just created. But, if you open a record of that entity, the Process is clearly visible…
How Apex Planner license works
Each license is bound to a single organization: it can be used only for the CRM organization on which it was activated. The license key limits the number of users and the time interval. You can see the maximum number of users allowed and the expiration date on the Global Configuration.
Suppose that you have a license for 50 users that expires on January 1. If your organization has more than 50 active users or if the current date is over January 1, the Planner reports an error. You will see in the next paragraphs how to limit the number of users that you need to license.
When working on the On-Previse organizations of one of our customers, i saw this:
Firstly i thought that some components were not loaded correctly: i cleared the cache and reloaded the browser, but nothing happened. Moreover, if i changed the language to Italian (the main language of the organization), the error did not occur at all!
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 (18.104.22.168)
- Microsoft SharePoint Online (22.214.171.1249)
Error – File cannot be found – Folder Path Not Configured
This version brings mainly two new features:
- Work Week
plus some UI improvements and bug fixing.
- Apex Planner August 2018 release is available!
- Apex Planner March 2018 release is available!
- Modula: l’evoluzione della logistica nell’industria 4.0 con Apex e SAP Hybris Marketing
- #ThinkVertical: la strategia di marketing digitale in Modula con SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud
- Dynamics 365 9.0 (July 2017 update) available!