How to connect Dynamics CRM 2016 On Premise to Exchange Online
In this post I will share how I succeeded in connecting our production CRM on premise to our exchange online.
To carry out the configuration, please consider the following:
- We already had an Office365 tenant with azure active directory sync in place;
- CRM version was 184.108.40.2069 (DB 220.127.116.119). It was a single server implementation. The same server was also responsible for active directory sync with O365;
- IFD was properly configured and the CRM server had a SSL wild card certificate issued by a trusted CA;
- I referred to this TechNet article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt703269.aspx
- I performed all the tasks under a domain admin/crm admin/exchange admin single user.
According to the TechNet article I subscribed to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Hybrid Connector; I needed to access to my O365 administration page before completing the subscription in order to associate the connector to our tenant. After the installation, no additional configuration nor license activation was needed.